I write horror, science fiction and dark fantasy. I’ve been scaring people since the second grade, when I wrote my first story based on Michael Myers. I’m pretty sure my teacher was concerned, but I turned out fine(ish).
I also write essays on racial inequality and inclusion in literature. If you don’t like my essays, you probably won’t like my fiction either. It’s cool. Just don’t send me a nasty note because I’m not your cup of tea. Don’t start none, won’t be none.
13 facts about me:
- My mom is white and my dad was Black. I was the only mixed girl at my school.
- Kids stopped being my friend when they found out I was mixed. Luckily, I had practice not giving a fuck since my mother’s family didn’t like me either. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
- I have a book with me at all times.
- I make the best salsa in the world. Share a link to one of my stories and I’ll send you the SUPER SECRET recipe.
- My husband and son like to wake up with the sun.
- I don’t like to see the sun before noon.
- Archery, clay shooting and yoga are my favorite stress relievers.
- I have to use kid-sized shotguns and rifles. SHUT UP.
- The most commonly used nausea medication makes me…vomit.
- Morphine causes my muscles to temporarily seize, causing intense pain.
- This is why I’ve never tried drugs. I’m pretty sure I’d turn into a giant green leaf if I smoked weed.
- I will destroy your very soul in Tetris. Don’t try me.
- I am very clumsy. I once broke my ankle walking down a flight of stairs. In tennis shoes.
My favorite things:
- Brown Girl Dreaming by Jacqueline Woodson
- Black Mirror
- Combat boots
The things I hate:
- Stepping on a lego
- Tangled hangers
- Perpetual line-steppers