Are you a horror writer? Do you want to take your stories to the next level?
- How to hook readers with a compelling beginning
- Creating the right atmosphere and tone for your story
- Finding unique twists on old ideas
- The most common mistakes I see in short stories and screenplays
- What will result in an automatic rejection of your story
- Creating tension
- Pacing to maximize frights and keep the reader engaged
- How to craft a happy, horror ending….and not-so-happy endings
- New avenues for storytelling & how to build your platform
Each student will have access to:
- Live and recorded discussions and lectures
- Critiques from fellow students and the instructor (ahem…that’s me)
- Exclusive writing prompts and exercises designed to destroy your fear of the blank page
- A one-on-one Q&A session with the instructor
Our first workshop will launch on February 22, 2019 and will be offered at a reduced rate of $69 (go ahead, let you inner 12-year-old have a laugh!). Each workshop session will have 10 weeks of total instruction and workshopping.
Note: The price of the workshop will go up for the next session in June 2019 to $99, so sign up ASAP to lock in this introductory rate.
How to Sign Up
- Go to this form to sign up.
- Once I receive your sign up and writing sample, I’ll send you an invoice for the workshop amount.
- Pay the invoice and you’re all set!
Want to help a writer in need?
If you want to provide a scholarship for a writer, go to PayPal and submit a $69 payment. Please note that you do not wish to take the class, but are instead providing a scholarship. I will advertise your scholarship online and select an applicant based on any criteria you specify (within reason–I can’t find someone with polka-dot colored hair, for instance). For example, if you would like to fund a queer writer, just make a note of such and I’ll ensure that a queer writer will be able to attend the workshop thanks to your generosity.