Are you a horror writer? Do you want to take your stories to the next level? Join us!
- How to hook readers with a compelling beginning
- Creating the right atmosphere and tone for your story
- Finding unique twists on old ideas
- The most common mistakes I see in short stories and screenplays
- What will result in an automatic rejection of your story
- Creating tension
- Pacing to maximize frights and keep the reader engaged
- How to craft a happy, horror ending….and not-so-happy endings
- New avenues for storytelling & how to build your platform
Each student will have access to:
- Live and recorded discussions and lectures
- Critiques from fellow students and the instructor (ahem…that’s me)
- Exclusive writing prompts and exercises designed to destroy your fear of the blank page
- A one-on-one Q&A session with the instructor
Our first workshop will launch on December 1, 2019 and will be offered at a reduced rate of $69 (go ahead, let you inner 12-year-old have a laugh!). Each workshop session will have 10 weeks of total instruction and workshopping. There will be a break for the Christmas/New Year/Hanukah/etc holidays, so this first session will end February 22, 2019.
Note: The price of the workshop will go up for the next session in 2019 to $99, so sign up ASAP to lock in this introductory rate.
How to Sign Up
- Go to PayPal to submit your $69 payment.
- I will send an email to your PayPal address (or other email if you provide a different one in the transaction notes) with a questionnaire to help me learn exactly what you hope to take away from this workshop. The email will also contain instructions for sharing and submitting work.
- Respond with the questionnaire by November 30, 2018.
Want to help a writer in need?
If you want to provide a scholarship for a writer, go to PayPal and submit a $69 payment. Please note that you do not wish to take the class, but are instead providing a scholarship. I will advertise your scholarship online and select an applicant based on any criteria you specify (within reason). For example, if you would like to fund a queer writer, just make a note of such and I’ll ensure that a queer writer will be able to attend the workshop thanks to your generosity.